Friday, March 21, 2008

It's Easter


Did ya know? My kitchen is showing signs of cooking in anticipation for Sunday's feast. I'm actually involved in a "ham cook off" with Miss Nik. We are cooking dueling hams for a crowd - her family and friends. I'm just going for the jelly beans and to see my beloved grand babies. I might eat some ham. Especially mine as it's going to be the superior hock of the day. (Recipe is on Once Upon a Tine and I probably didn't leave out any secret ingredients - apricot jelly). I was relegated to do deviled eggs in mass quantities as I am apparent Queen of the Yolk.




The fish you ask? Are a whole other story. I am going camping tomorrow night but have no time to catch them. So they are thawing, straight out of Costco's freezer. I'll just throw a hook in their mouths and it'll be just like the real thing. They are going to Christen the new Weber. Oh speaking of, I saw the sexiest grill EVER today at some Lawn and Garden type store. It was $499 marked down to $299!! A blue Weber charcoal deal dropped in to a great big table dealybob with hooks for tools and a garbage can on the side and just adorable. Had I been alone, I would have succumbed to impulse purchasing and it would now be mine! But as it goes, Mel was with me and forbid me to make such a stupid purchase. The Jewish in him has saved me a lot of money lately..... But I still want it.


Pizza delivery is on it's way for movie night. Tonight's selection is "Atonement". The couch bed is pulled out and I have freshly painted toes to celebrate the occasion. Every fan in the house is desperately swirling coolness in my direction. It may be March, but it feels like April.



Happy Weekend Readers......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you continue to amuse and satisfy an audience.

Giraldo