Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Stream of Random thoughts

I didn't mean to complain recently of my aches and pains and general malaise. Nothing more boring than that. I feel great despite the whiplash induced headache that I am enjoying tonight.
The folks that I rendezvous with three times a week at C-Tech continue to amuse the hell out of me. We all know about Tim, my direct partner. We have ongoing inventory situations as apparently neither one of us can count. I am taking blame here because someone has to. Maureen assures me it's internal problem all the while she is constantly negative about my part in it. Mark, on the other hand, is my constant ally assuring me all is well. Well I know better. I'm just going to continue to do my part even though job security weighs heavily on my brain. It might be time to procure a few more stable contracts.
Vickie had a significant car accident today. Well that makes two of us and as things always happen in threes, beware readers. You might just be the one to complete the cycle. Aren't you glad you are reading this? She's fine despite 2 broken ribs, a punctured spleen and whiplash.
I have to commend Zachary publicly. Zach is 24ish, maybe 25, no more. He is spending his youth backpacking across Europe. This is something we have all heard about but who really does it? He's the real deal. Came back to the States for a few months to make some money and that's where we met. He's here until May 26th when he leaves for his last great jaunt before settling down in Flagstaff to finish college. I'm already starting to feel the pangs of missing him. Days of shoving in light pipes and installing breather bars won't be the same without his comical presence. If I could do it all over again, I would follow his lead to not just live life, but savor the unknown, even if it means sleeping in the dust in India because that was all there was to offer. On the other hand, I am smack dab right in the middle of my own unknown. Lesson learned. I am savoring.



No comments: