Monday, March 17, 2008

Size Matters

I have a Hydrangea bloom on my bedside table tonight that I bought at Safeway. Mel and I went there today to kill time amongst food stuff for lack of anything else to do. I wandered the floral department and my nose led me right in to a memory. The intoxicating sweet aroma of a small purple plant. In one smell swoop, it took me back to Indiana and spiraled childhood memories of Lilac bushes and tornado cellars and the farm living that I cherished.
It's the small things of life that have huge impact on a soul.

6 comments:

C.A. said...

I didn't know you were an Indiana girl, Julie!

Jules said...

Yup, farm raised, corn fed, 100% Hooiser hick chick.

Mel said...

A GREAT little piece!

Mel

Anonymous said...

Yep. She IS from Indiana...I can attest to that! She dated Rick Briggs
and had an absolutely gorgeous friend named Deb. Hi Julie. I can't retrieve my password, so posting as Anonymous.
I've gotta send you some lilacs this Spring, from my own lilac bush in the front yard.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jules said...

Hey Deb!! The Rick Briggs comment ratted you out right away! Nice to see you lurking here.