Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Death, Taxes and April's Fool's

WOW. If you happened to watch the Barbara Walter's special tonight, it was simply astonishing. The crux of the show was human longevity or as we all more commonly refer to it, getting old. Or not! The science and technology that is going on behind the scenes of our lives in order to cheat death before our 100th year is quite incredible.

They offered a lot of tips and tricks for staying young, And it's all right up my alley. Drinking red wine, practicing calorie restriction and massive nutritional supplementation were a few of the mentioned methods for beating the system. Hell, I have been doing these things for years. With all of that and the Clinique counter at Macy's, I am guaranteed to retain my own youth, at least for another year........But it was what Paul Newman said on that show that struck me. At 82 he offered this astute observation, "in confidence lives youth". That made me marvel at the simplicity of it all. Never lose your confidence, embrace the infinite wisdom that comes with the numbers and old age won't worry you anymore, especially when you're already there.
Over and Over I turn the memories over.
We lived together well, for such a long time.
Time to pay Uncle Sam folks and the pricetag of love. Both hard to swallow but necessary. These big ticket items are killing me.
Happy April Dear Readers.




Song Download for your iPod recommendation: Me and the Fox; Jerry Riopelle

No comments: