Saturday, April 05, 2008

Woke up this morning to the invasion of the bargain hunters. My alarm rang at the usual 6:37 AM and I reluctantly dragged myself towards consciousness, which seemed totally unfair as it's Saturday and the rest of the world calls this the weekend. My week won't be ending until we complete some 400 plastics today. I took one look in the mirror at my firecracker hair, red nose and bloodshot eyes and groaned in acceptance of my appearance. Tried to mask my disheveled self with a baseball cap and some dark glasses in hopes that no one would recognize me as I took Pawpaws out for the necessary walk to start his day. We grabbed a leash and a donut, sure the yeasty goodness would wake me up. As the garage door ascended Paws and I were greeted with a street full of cars and people everywhere. Walking in front of my house, sitting on the golf course, cars parading past in a continuous flow. So much for incognito. It was the morning of our semi-annual community yard sale. Exactly what I wanted this morning. There was no escape in any direction, so I began my day, head down avoiding eye contact with the masses cursing this frugal tradition.

I checked emails before work, expecting the usual. I was surprised to find this little blurb sent to me by Nichole:
" Let's address something that's going on right now. If you don't have the feeds, I apologize (you really should get them) but if you do then you know what I'm talking about. Baller is now upset and feels tricked into not putting James up on the block. He feels that Big Brother, in a way, made him not nominate James. Adam says that Big Brother wouldn't let him out to talk to everybody else after he was finished talking with James. BTW, if you have the feeds, you know that after that talk in HOH Adam was then called into the diary room. The rest of the house was waiting around to talk to Adam but there was an outside lockdown called and then the nomination ceremony took place".

Of course, she is talking about the reality show, Big Brother, for which we do subscribe to the live feed to watch this madness 24 hours a day. It's a pastime at work. One which we all adore. However, Nichole seems to have become a completely rabid fan and for this I take full responsibility. I'm not sure she is even feeding or bathing her kids properly ever since she got my password. Withdrawal at the shows end is going to be harsh, as it always is.

Happy Birthday Tyler! 18


ROCK THE WEEKEND!



No comments: