Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hearts to Heros Parade

In the middle of working I realized I had not made a deposit to cover payroll this week. I jumped up and dashed to the bank on the corner. When I arrived in the parking lot there were sirens and Apache helicopters overhead. In the street in front of me was a parade of sorts passing by, I had gotten there just in time for the start of it led by Sheriff Joe and fire trucks full of Veterans. Behind them were miles and miles of motorcycles all carrying flags in honor of the people serving in Iraq and all Veterans. I felt so privileged to be at the right place at the right time. I took my place along 67th Avenue with an older couple. We were in awe of the sight and the symbolism as we watched this event for a full 30 minutes. It was emotional and extremely uplifting and I am delighted I was witness to this event.

No comments: